Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Photos of Khutsot Hayotser in Jerusalem and Kaveret/Poogy!! Concert Videos

Hi Everyone!

Tuesday night, I visited the Jerusalem Khutsot Hayotser Arts and Crafts Festival in the Sultan's Pool outside the Old City.
I have not been to the festival in many years and it was very nice.
I posted photos online at:
www.history-of-israel.co.il/jerusalem/2017/jer528.htm

In addition to the arts and crafts, each night there is a musical event featuring well know performers. The brochure of the festival noted that "Dani, Gidi and Friends" would be performing on Tuesday night. I did not realize who they were. While walking around in the food court, I suddenly heard a very familiar song. We rushed over to the concert area and thousands of fans were having a great time.
On stage were the members of Kaveret - Poogy. It was great!
I took several videos and posted them at:
www.jr.co.il/videos/jerusalem-khutsot-hayotser-2017.htm

I found a very good location on a staircase platform and took the first video of "Lichvod Hakaitz".
While filming the second video of "Khalalit", security came and told us to get off the platform. I kept filming while walking down the staircase. Based on the lyrics at that point of the song, it looks like I was taking a ride on the "spaceship".

I walked out of the concert to the exhibition area and on the way back I decided to look for closer place to film. I found an area to the left of the stage which had a good view. The third video has three songs including the classic "Magapayim Shel Baruch" - Baruch's Boots.
Unfortunately, several people were talking right near my camera but it was the last song of the concert and I think you will like it nonetheless.
Enjoy and please share with friends.

Have a good night,
Jacob

No comments: