Sunday, June 5, 2016

Photos of the Jerusalem Day Flag March


Hi Everyone!

Today, at 17:35, I boarded the Ma'ale Adumim bus 174 to Jerusalem. When the bus driver reached Jerusalem he announced that he will not be stopping at the light rail station. He said that if you wanted the light rail station you need to get off at the Hebrew University stop or Ramat Eshkol. I did not give it much thought because I knew many buses were being rerouted for the Jerusalem Flag March and other Yom Yerushalayim events.
I got off at Ramat Eshkol and walked back to the light rail station. It was around 18:00 and I found out, due to the march, the light rail was suspended for the next few hours. The next surprise was that there were no buses operating in the area.
I walked from Ramat Eshkol to Sha'ar Shechem of the old city.
Back in 1987-1989, I lived in Ramat Eshkol and every so often I would walk on Shabbat to my uncle in the old city. I remember the walk was not so difficult. 27 years later......
I arrived at Sha'ar Shechem just in time to join the marchers entering the old city. We marched through the old city and met the large crowd at the Kotel plaza. I was tired but it was great!!!

I took photos of the flag march and the Yom Yerushalayim celebration at the Kotel. It is 2:00am and the photos are now online at:
www.history-of-israel.co.il/jerusalem/2016/jer487.htm
I also created a short address for sharing on social media:
http://bit.ly/Yom-Yerushalayim-5776

Please share the photos with friends. Thank you!

Next Year in Jerusalem, the Rebuilt!

Have a good week!
Shavua tov!
Jacob

No comments: